Article 1: Personal Information
In this Policy, "personal information" refers to information about a living individual as defined by the Personal Information Protection Law. This includes information that can identify a specific individual through data such as their name, date of birth, address, phone number, contact information, and other descriptions.
"History information and characteristic information" in privacy information refers to information other than "personal information" as defined above. This includes information about services used, purchased products, browsing history of pages and advertisements, search keywords used by users, usage date and time, usage methods, usage environment, postal code, gender, occupation, age, IP address, location information, and device-specific identification information.
Article 2: Methods of Collecting Personal Information
(1) Information Collected from Customers
The information collected by our company from customers includes, but is not limited to, names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, dates of birth, genders, nationalities, occupations, employers, information entered by customers on forms provided by our company, information entered by customers' instructions, information related to previous reservations and services used, information about customers' preferences that our company becomes aware of during customers' stay, information provided by customers to use our services, information provided by customers to accommodation facilities, childcare facilities, and other affiliated facilities when making reservations, essential information for transactions related to credit cards, and more.
In collecting personal information, we will specify the purpose of use and collect it through lawful and fair means.
Article 3: Purpose of Using Personal Information
3.1. Our company may use users' personal information for the following purposes:
(1) For providing our services. (2) For providing information about our services. (3) For responding to inquiries about our services. (4) For processing billing and fees related to our services. (5) For handling violations of our terms and conditions, guidelines, policies, and other rules (referred to as "these terms and conditions"). (6) For notifying changes to these terms and conditions. (7) For improving our services and developing new features or services. (8) For conducting surveys related to our services or services that our company is considering providing in the future. (9) For advertising and promotion of products and services of our company and third parties (including sending direct mail and emails). (10) For creating statistical data processed in a form that cannot identify individuals. (11) For linking information collected from multiple services of our company and creating new data. (12) For verifying the identity of users. (13) For fulfilling contractual obligations to parties involved in users' travel arrangements and external entities (accommodation facilities, childcare facilities, operating organizations, local governments, and other affiliated facilities) related to our services. (14) For other purposes related to the above purposes.
3.2. Our company will not handle personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use as specified in Article 3.1 without obtaining the consent of the user, except as provided in Article 16, Paragraph 3 of the Personal Information Protection Law.
(1) When based on laws and regulations. (2) When necessary to protect a person's life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user. (3) When necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound development of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user. (4) When it is necessary for cooperating with a government agency, a local government, or a person entrusted by them in executing the affairs stipulated by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the user is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
3.3. Our company may change the purposes of use of personal information within a reasonable range related to the purposes before the change, in accordance with Article 9.
Article 4: Changes in the Purpose of Use
Our website may change the purposes of use of personal information only if they are related to the purposes before the change. When there is a change, we will notify users of the purpose and details of the change or make it public on our website.
Article 5: Prohibition of Providing Personal Information to Third Parties
Our company will not provide personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the user, except as permitted by laws and regulations such as the Personal Information Protection Law or other legal requirements.
(1) When disclosing personal information to financial institutions, credit card companies, collection agencies, and other businesses performing payment processing related to fees for services of our company for which users themselves or recipients of payment are the payers. (2) When there is sufficient reason to believe that users have violated these terms and conditions and there is a need to disclose personal information in order to protect the rights, property, or services of our company. (3) When it is necessary to disclose it to a person who is obliged to maintain confidentiality to our company. (4) When disclosing it in preparation for or in execution of business transfers such as transfer of shares of our company, mergers, and other organizational restructuring, or in preparation for or in execution of due diligence, negotiations, and execution of transactions similar to these.
Article 6: Disclosure of Personal Information
When users request the disclosure of personal information, we will promptly respond after confirming their identity. However, this does not apply if:
(1) There is a risk of harming the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the individual or a third party. (2) There is a risk of significantly impeding the proper conduct of our business. (3) It would violate other laws and regulations.
In addition, if we decide not to disclose, we will promptly notify users of this decision.
Personal information other than history information and characteristic information, etc., will not be disclosed as a general rule, regardless of the provisions of the preceding paragraph.
Article 7: Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
Users can request our company to correct, add, or delete their personal information if it is found to be incorrect. Please contact us at the contact information provided in Article 10 below.
If our company determines that it is necessary to respond to such a request from users, we will make corrections, etc., to the relevant personal information. In addition, if we decide not to make corrections, etc., we will notify users promptly.
Article 8: Security Measures for Personal Information
Our website takes thorough security measures to maintain the accuracy and currency of personal information and prevent unauthorized access, loss, destruction, alteration, leakage, etc., of personal information.
Article 9: Suspension of Use of Personal Information
If users request the suspension of use of personal information based on the Personal Information Protection Law due to reasons such as that it is being handled beyond the scope of the purposes of use publicly announced in advance or that it was collected by means of fraud or other wrongful methods, our company will conduct the necessary investigation promptly after confirming that the request is from the user themselves, and will suspend the use of the personal information based on the results of the investigation and notify the user promptly. However, this does not apply if we decide not to suspend the use and will notify the user promptly.
Article 10: Compliance with Laws and Regulations and Review
Our website will comply with Japanese laws and regulations and other standards regarding personal information and will review and strive to improve the contents of this Policy as appropriate. When making changes, we will announce them by posting them on this page.
Article 11: Contact Information
For inquiries regarding this Policy, please contact the following office:
Company Name: KitchHike, Inc. Address: 4F ROUTE89 BLDG., 4-13-9 Higashi Ueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan Department: Nursery School Study Abroad Operations Office Email Address: email@example.com