Shonai Town, Yamagata / Handbook for Japan Preschool Exchange
1. About the Preschool and Accommodation Facilities2. Application Process - From Reservation to Departure1. Application and Inquiries 2. Online Consultation3. Reservation4. Documentation5. Online Pre-meeting with Preschool3. Cancellation Policy4. Contact Information5. Important Notes
|http://shafuku-washin.com/colorful (Japanese Website)
|0-to-3-Year-Olds Class: 136 Ogama, Karikawa, Shonai Town, Higashitagawa District, Yamagata 4-to-5-Year-Olds Class: 1-20 Matsuba, Karikawa, Shonai Town, Yamagata
|0~3years class: +81 234 56 2436 4~5years class: +81 234 56 2207
|2 months to 6 years old
|Management with an elimination diet
|Distance between Preschool to Accommodation
|9 km (10 mins. by car)
Please feel free to contact us for any inquiries or applications: Click here. The Operations Office will respond to you via email.
You will be invited to our online consultation. Please let us know what you would like to experience in this program.
Once your request has been finalized, please make your reservation through the designated reservation website we will send to you.
You will be asked to enter payment information at the time of reservation, but the actual date of payment will be the check-in day at the accommodation.
We will send the reservation approval email once your reservation has been confirmed.
We will provide you with the application form for your child who will be participating the program. We also send the detailed information of the program. Please read it through before the online meeting with the preschool.
We will set up an online pre-meeting with the preschool staff approximately 2 months before the program. Please let us know your questions or concerns.
If you cancel your reservation after booking, the following cancellation fees will apply.
|Cancellation Date (*1)
|From the reservation (*2) to 91 days prior to the program
|JPY 15,000 (incl.tax) as handling fee
|From 90 to 61 days prior to the program
|20% of the total fee
|From 60 to 31 days prior to the program
|40% of the total fee
|From 30 days to the day of the program
|100% of the total fee
(*1) The term “Cancellation Date” refers to the time when the customer notifies the Operation Desk of the cancellation by emailing (email@example.com) (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Japanese holidays).
(*2) “From the reservation” is defined as the time when the customer sends a reservation request through the reservation website.
- Changes or cancellations to accommodation fees will be subject to separate Arranged Travel Terms and Conditions under Travel Agency Terms and Conditions, as well as cancellation fees and modification fees related to our accommodation arrangements (Travel Agency: KidsHike, Inc., Registered Travel Agency No. 2-8280 by the Governor of Tokyo).
- The amount varies depending on the duration of the stay.
- Regarding changes to the reservation after booking, it will be treated as a cancellation followed by a new reservation, incurring the same cancellation fees.
- Please be aware that cancellations or changes to the schedule as the travel start date approaches will incur costs due to preparations on the preschool's side, coordination with accommodation facilities, and other factors. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
For inquiries related to Japan Preschool Exchange, please contact the following Japan Preschool Exchange Operations Office email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please refrain from direct inquiries to preschools or accommodation.
- Please note that there may be a delay in our response. Thank you for your understanding in advance.
Acceptable age ranges and numbers of children
The number of children and age ranges that can be accepted differs depending on the preschools. For details, please refer to the information page of each preschool and be sure to check before applying.
Orientation care (short-time care for the first few days) may be necessary depending on the child’s condition. We may ask you to pick up your child if he or she becomes ill in an unfamiliar environment that makes it difficult to care for the child.
Please note that no refunds will be made in the event that you are asked to pick up your child after a short period of time.
A car might be required in some areas in Japan. Please check the surrounding environment and maps of each area in “About Accommodation and Surroundings” before applying.
Little Bit of Cash Might Help
In local areas in Japan, there may be places where you will be asked to pay for things such as parking in cash at your destination that are not included in the program fee. Please bring enough cash in advance. For details, please refer to the "Accommodation and Surroundings" page for each area.
We recommend that you purchase travel insurance to be prepared for any unexpected situations.
Rules for Photography
Please follow the instructions of the preschool teacher when taking pictures.