Terms of Service
Article 1: General
Users (hereinafter referred to as "users") accessing this service provided by KitchHike, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "our company") agree to and comply with these terms and conditions, as well as other terms and conditions (such as our company's travel industry terms and conditions), our company's travel conditions, regulations, rules, and guidelines.
Article 2: Changes to these Terms and Conditions
Our company may change these terms and conditions without obtaining the consent of users. The revised terms and conditions will take effect from the time they are displayed on this service, unless otherwise specified by our company. If users use this service after the revised terms and conditions come into effect, they will be deemed to have agreed to all the contents of the revised terms and conditions.
Article 3: Use of this Service
Some parts of this service may not be available based on the user's age. By accessing and using this service, users are deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions.
Our company may change the content, name, or specifications of this service without prior notice to users. Even if users suffer any disadvantage or damage as a result, our company will not be held responsible.
Users are responsible for all their actions related to the use of this service.
Payment for study abroad reservations made using this service is limited to prepayment by credit card, and the check-in date is the settlement date. Only credit cards in the user's name can be used for payment. Users must not use another person's credit card, provide false credit card information, or engage in any other actions that our company deems inappropriate. Our company may seek compensation from users for damages caused by such actions.
If the card company refuses to use the credit card selected by the user for payment for any reason, our company may, without obtaining the user's consent, change the payment method, cancel the reservation, or take other measures that our company deems necessary. Our company will not be responsible for any damages incurred by the user as a result.
Article 4: Included Costs
The following costs are included:
- Temporary care usage fee
- Accommodation facility usage fee
- Other regional services
There will be no refunds if the above services are not used due to the user's convenience.
Article 5: Reservation Confirmation
Applications to our company should be made by using the designated reservation system on our company's website. We do not accept applications made verbally, by email, letter, or other means.
Reservations for this service are confirmed when the user, after agreeing to these terms and conditions, follows our company's prescribed procedures, enters the necessary registration information on the input form, and applies for a reservation request. Users are responsible for reading the input carefully and entering information on the form truthfully and accurately.
Changes to the schedule or cancellations after applying for a reservation request will be subject to our company's cancellation policy.
Article 6: Changes to Reservation Details
- Our company will make every effort to accommodate user requests for changes to details such as the number of students studying abroad, the number of residents, and other options.
- If users wish to request changes as mentioned in the preceding paragraph, they must send a change request by email to the office. Changes to the number of childcare children, changes to the names of residents, changes to the number of residents staying for only a few days, must be made at least 7 days before check-in. However, we may not be able to accommodate these changes depending on the acceptance status of the nursery and the capacity of the accommodation facility.
- Any increase or decrease in fees resulting from changes to the contract in the preceding paragraph shall be borne by the user.
- Changes to the schedule or extension/shortening of the schedule are subject to Article 7.
Article 7: Changes to Schedule or Cancellation of this Service
- Users requesting changes to the schedule or cancellation of reservations should send a change request by email to the office. Changes to the schedule or cancellations of this service will be processed in accordance with the user's application.
- Changes or cancellations may incur administrative fees, cancellation fees, and other charges. Users are responsible for these charges in accordance with our company's cancellation policy. Users must confirm these terms before making changes or cancellations.
- Users are required to follow the method specified by our company to make changes or cancellations to the reservation or purchase details of this service, and our company will process them in accordance with the user's application. Changes or cancellations may result in administrative fees, cancellation fees, and other charges, and users are responsible for these charges in accordance with our company's cancellation policy. Users must confirm these terms before making changes or cancellations.
For changes to or cancellations of reservations made after booking, please refer to our [Cancellation Policy].
Article 8: Suspension of Service Provision
Our company may suspend all or part of this service on this service with prior notice of the reasons and duration of the suspension. However, this does not apply in cases of emergency or unavoidable circumstances.
By following the procedures in the preceding paragraph, our company shall be exempt from any liability arising from the suspension of service provision.
Article 9: Support Content
Our company provides consultation and information on childcare facilities, accommodations, and local life as requested by applicants within the scope that our company can investigate. However, we take great care to ensure the accuracy and validity of the information provided through our online support service. There may be information that is not provided or disclosed by various agencies, and we do not guarantee the accuracy of all such information.
Article 10: Registration
- Individuals who wish to become users of this service (hereinafter referred to as "Applicants for Registration") shall complete user registration by agreeing to the contents of this agreement and providing the information specified by the company through the procedures established by the company.
- Users shall promptly update their registered information if any changes occur based on the preceding paragraph. The company shall not be responsible for any damages resulting from the user's failure to update their information.
- The company may, at its discretion, refuse user registration if any of the following reasons apply. The company is not obligated to disclose the reasons for refusing user registration even if requested by the Applicants for Registration: (1) If false information is included in all or part of the information provided by the Applicants for Registration under Article 1. (2) If the user falls under any of the categories specified in Article 24 (Exclusion of Anti-Social Forces) or any of the subparagraphs of Article 24, Paragraph 1. (3) If it becomes clear that the user has violated or is violating contracts, regulations, etc., with the company. (4) If the company deems that user registration is not appropriate for any other reason.
Users are responsible for the use and management of login information to access this service. Except in cases of company negligence, the company shall not be responsible for any damages incurred by users due to the unauthorized use of login information by third parties.
Users must promptly update their registration information if changes occur. The company shall not be responsible for any problems arising from incorrect or erroneous changes to registration information.
Article 11: Management of User ID and Password
- Users shall strictly manage their IDs and passwords related to this service to prevent unauthorized use by third parties.
- Any action taken on this service using the user's ID and password will be considered the user's action.
- The company shall not be responsible for any damages resulting from inadequate management of IDs and passwords.
- Users are prohibited from lending, transferring, selling, pawning, or allowing third parties to use their accounts on this service.
Article 12: Company's Responsibility
- The company's responsibility is limited to arranging contracts for the provision of services as stipulated in Article 4, unless otherwise specified.
- The company shall not be responsible for damages caused to the user in the event of natural disasters, war, riots, temporary suspension of nursery school enrollment and use, cessation of accommodation services at accommodation facilities, cancellation of reservations due to overbooking by accommodation facilities (overbooking), orders from public authorities, or other reasons beyond the company's control.
- The company shall not be responsible for damages related to baggage.
Article 13: Revocation of User Eligibility, etc.
If it is discovered that the user's registration information contains false information, is incomplete or incorrect, or if the company reasonably deems it inappropriate, the company may change or delete the registration information without prior approval from the user. Except in cases where there are legitimate reasons attributable to the company for any disadvantages or damages suffered by the user due to this, the company shall not be responsible.
Article 14: User Compliance
- Users shall enter their name, telephone number, and other necessary information accurately when making reservations.
- If users have inquiries, requests, or complaints about accommodation services provided by accommodation facilities, they should address them directly to the accommodation facilities.
- If users have complaints about accommodation services provided by accommodation facilities, they should address them directly to the accommodation facilities. In addition to the above, users shall fully understand and comply with the terms, regulations, conditions, and rules established by the accommodation facilities.
Article 15: User Environment
Users are responsible for preparing and maintaining, at their own expense and responsibility, the necessary computers, software, other equipment, communication lines, and other communication environments required to use this service, and the company shall not provide any support.
Article 16: Use of Travel Tax
You can use it from the date of donation. To use Nursery School Study e-Machi Gift, you need to notify the company by email to our company within three business days before the first day of your study abroad after completing the travel tax procedure. If you make a request after three business days have passed, Nursery School Study e-Machi Gift cannot be applied. Cancellation of donation after completion of donation, refund of expired gifts, etc., cannot be accepted.
Article 17: Prohibited Acts
Users shall not engage in the following acts when using this service: (1) Acts that infringe upon the property rights, privacy rights, portrait rights, or other rights of the company, other users, or third parties, or acts that may have such effects. (2) Acts that harm or may harm the interests or rights of the company, other users, or third parties, or acts that may have such effects. (3) Acts that discriminate against or defame the company, other users, or third parties. (4) Acts that may violate public order or morals. (5) Acts related to sexual content, religion, politics, or similar activities. (6) Acts for commercial purposes, advertising, promotion, or solicitation, or other profit-oriented acts. (7) Acts of impersonating the company or third parties or intentionally spreading false information. (8) Acts that benefit anti-social forces or cooperate with them. (9) Acts of illegally collecting, disclosing, or providing personal information, registration information, usage history information, etc., of others. (10) Acts of using user IDs and passwords, etc., illegally. (11) Acts that interfere with the servers or network systems of this service. (12) Acts of using or providing harmful programs such as computer viruses through or related to this service. (13) Acts that violate laws, court judgments, decisions or orders, or legally binding administrative measures. (14) Acts of using this service for commercial purposes. (15) Other acts that the company deems inappropriate.
If the company determines that any of the acts listed in the preceding paragraph have occurred or deems it necessary, the company may take measures to delete the user's registration or suspend the use of this service without prior approval from the user. Furthermore, the company may claim damages from the user. The determination of whether the prohibited acts in the preceding paragraph apply or not shall be made at the discretion of the company, and the company shall not be obligated to explain the criteria for such determination.
Article 18: Temporary Interruption
The company may temporarily suspend all or part of this service without prior notice to users in the following cases: (1) Regular or emergency maintenance of the system or related equipment of this service. (2) Interruption of communication lines, power supply, or other utilities used by the company. (3) War, riots, disturbances, labor disputes, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, floods, tsunamis, fires, power outages, or other emergencies, or the issuance of requests or instructions by laws or directives due to reasons that the company cannot control, or when the company deems it necessary for operation or technical reasons.
Even if the provision of all or part of this service is delayed or interrupted for any of the reasons listed in the preceding paragraph or for any other reason, the company shall not be responsible for any damages incurred by users or third parties as a result.
Article 19: Use Restrictions
If the company determines that a user falls under any of the following reasons, the company may restrict the user's use of this service or delete the user's registration without prior notice to the user: (1) If false information is included in all or part of the information provided by the user when applying for registration. (2) If the user falls under any of the categories specified in Article 24 (Exclusion of Anti-Social Forces) or any of the subparagraphs of Article 24, Paragraph 1. (3) If the company deems that the user has violated or is violating contracts, regulations, etc., with the company. (4) If the user falls under any of the prohibitions specified in Article 17 (Prohibited Acts). (5) If the user has not used this service for a certain period specified by the company. (6) If the company determines that the user is an anti-social force or has any involvement or interaction with anti-social forces.
The company shall not be responsible for any damages incurred by users as a result of actions taken by the company under this article.
Article 20: Cancellation of User Registration
If the user wishes to cancel their user registration, they must follow the procedure specified by the company.
Article 21: Disclaimer
- The company does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, certainty, or usefulness of information and services provided through this service.
- The company does not guarantee that users can receive reservations and purchase products or services through this service.
- The company shall not be responsible for any damages incurred by users or third parties due to the use of this service.
- The company shall not be responsible for any transactions, communications, disputes, etc., that occur between users and accommodation facilities or between users and third parties, or for any damages incurred as a result.
- The company shall not be responsible for any damages incurred by users or third parties as a result of unauthorized access to user information or unauthorized use of user information.
- The company shall not be responsible for any damages incurred by users or third parties due to temporary suspension, interruption, termination, change, etc., of this service.
Article 22: Change of Service Contents, etc.
The company may change the contents of this service or discontinue the provision of this service without prior notice to users, and shall not be responsible for any damages incurred by users or third parties as a result.
Article 23: Intellectual Property Rights
- Copyrights and other intellectual property rights related to the information, content, etc., provided through this service belong to the company or the rights holder who has granted the company permission to use them, and users shall not engage in any act that infringes upon these rights without permission.
- The company grants users a non-exclusive and non-transferable right to use this service for personal use only. Users may not duplicate, reproduce, alter, distribute, publicly transmit, transfer, lend, translate, adapt, sublicense, or modify this service or any part thereof, unless otherwise permitted by the company or the relevant rights holder.
Article 24: Exclusion of Anti-Social Forces
- The company prohibits users from engaging in any of the following acts: (1) Acts of having relationships with anti-social forces. (2) Acts of cooperating or being involved in the maintenance, operation, or management of anti-social forces. (3) Acts of providing funds or other benefits to anti-social forces. (4) Acts that are recognized as equivalent to the acts described in the preceding items.
If a user falls under any of the categories specified in the preceding paragraph or if the company reasonably determines that there is a risk of such falling, the company may take measures such as restricting the use of this service or deleting the user's registration.
Article 26: Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- The interpretation and application of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
- Any disputes arising in connection with this service shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court or the Tokyo Summary Court as the court of first instance.
Article 27: Consultation
If there is any matter that is not stipulated in this agreement or if there is any doubt regarding the interpretation of this agreement, users and the company shall consult in good faith to resolve the matter.